5 Super Foods I Try to Eat Daily
Let me know how may of these foods you incorporate into your day, and if you have other daily health foods you love that I didn't mention, let me know! :)
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR - Alkalizes the body and helps maintain a balanced pH level.
- Helps to balance blood sugar levels.
- Promotes heart health by helping to keep low-density lipoprotein (cholesterol) levels low. - Also contains a beneficial yeast that acts as a prebiotic for the healthy bacteria in your gut, essentially helping good bacteria grow and balancing your gut flora.
- Contains natural enzymes which stimulate digestive secretions to help the body breakdown food.
LEAFY GREENS - Greens are high in minerals (iron, potassium, etc.) and vitamins like vitamin K which is essential for vitamin D absorption and utilization. Not to mention vitamins A, C, E, etc. - Chlorophyll which is found in all plants & greens helps fight off toxins and inflammation. - Raw foods like greens contain many cancer fighting properties that combat free radicals.
- Provide UV protection for your skin at a cellular level through the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits of carotenoids.
HEMP HEARTS - A complete source of protein containing all known amino acids including the 9 essential amino acids (EAAs) which our bodies cannot produce. - 3 tablespoons of hemp hearts provides up to 10g of plant protein.
- High in both insoluble and soluble fiber, providing more than enough bulk to keep your gastrointestinal system regular.
- Hemp hearts penetrate the inner layers of the skin and promote healthy cell growth for hair, skin and nails.
AVOCADO - Contains more Potassium than a banana! Potassium is a mineral that helps maintain electrical systems in the body's cells on a molecular level. - High in healthy fats (oleic acid: monounsaturated fatty acid) which has beneficial effects on the brain and memory function.
- Anti-inflammatory compounds like phytonutrients that are key to reducing the risk of inflammatory and degenerative disorders that can affect every part of the body.
- Promotes heart health by balancing blood lipids because of their fatty acid composition.
SAUERKRAUT / KIMCHI - One of the most probiotic rich foods on the planet! - Probiotics help to improve your immune system, cognitive (brain), digestive and endocrine (hormonal) functions. - The good bacteria found in sauerkraut helps with digestion and the absorption nutrients. 1 tiny spoonful with your meal is all you need to reap the benefits!
- Help increase and regulate NK cells, which are nicknamed “natural killer cells,” that control the body’s inflammatory pathways and take action against infections and allergies.