Cashew Stuffed Peppers
These stuffed peppers are delicious and super easy to make!
Mine are vegetarian, but you can easily add some lean, organic chicken or turkey if desired. I prefer red peppers but you can use orange, green, or yellow as well. Remember to wash all vegetables thoroughly.
Recipe makes 6 halfs (3 peppers)
- Slice the tops off your peppers and cut them in half. Place them on a baking pan and set aside.
- In a small pot cook 1 cup of quinoa with 1.5 cups of vegetable broth. Set aside.
- Chop up 1 large head of broccoli, 1 yellow onion, and 3 stalks of celery. Bring to a sizzle in a medium frying pan with 1 Tbsp avocado or coconut oil.
- Add 1/2 Tsp of chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, and cumin.
- Add 3/4 of a cup raw unsalted cashew nuts.
- Reduce the heat and add the quinoa to the frying pan. Mix everything together.
- Scoop into the pepper halfs and place them in the oven for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.